Kent St. 68, Cent. Michigan 63
PLEASANT, Mich. (AP)—Justin Greene scored 22 points as Kent State defeated Central Michigan, 68-63, to stay in first place in the Mid-American Conference on Saturday night.
With 12:54 remaining in the game Jordan Bitzer hit a 3-pointer that gave Central Michigan (11-10, 6-3) their largest lead of the game, 48-39. The Golden Flashes (17-7, 8-2) responded with a 13-0 run to take a 52-48 lead with 8-minutes remaining.
Chris Singletary was 7 of 9 from the floor with 19 points, and game-highs with six assists and six rebounds for Kent State.
Bitzer led the Chippewas with 19 points. He made 4 of 13 from 3-point range. Jalin Thomas had 12 points and Antonio Weary added 10.
The Golden Flashes are currently on a seven-game winning streak and now have a 1 1/2 game lead in the MAC.
- Kent St. 68, Cent. Michigan 63
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four