Arkansas-Pine Bluff rolls to 62-55 victory
PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP)—Arkansas-Pine Bluff jumped out to a 12-0 lead and overcame 18 turnovers Saturday en route to a 62-55 victory over Alabama A&M.
Savalace Townsend had 15 points and Tavaris Washington 12 for the Golden Lions (7-14, 7-3 SWAC). Lebaron Weathers added 11 points and 15 rebounds.
Cornelius Hester led Alabama A&M (7-11, 4-6) with 20 points.
Townsend hit two 3-pointers in Pine Bluff’s early 12-0 run. The Bulldogs responded with a 15-6 run over the next eight minutes to cut the lead to 18-15. But the Lions extended the margin to 29-20 at halftime and led by as many as 19 points in the second half.
Pine Bluff overcame the 18 turnovers by outrebounding Alabama A&M 43-27.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff rolls to 62-55 victory
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark