Arkansas-Pine Bluff rolls to 62-55 victory
PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP)—Arkansas-Pine Bluff jumped out to a 12-0 lead and overcame 18 turnovers Saturday en route to a 62-55 victory over Alabama A&M.
Savalace Townsend had 15 points and Tavaris Washington 12 for the Golden Lions (7-14, 7-3 SWAC). Lebaron Weathers added 11 points and 15 rebounds.
Cornelius Hester led Alabama A&M (7-11, 4-6) with 20 points.
Townsend hit two 3-pointers in Pine Bluff’s early 12-0 run. The Bulldogs responded with a 15-6 run over the next eight minutes to cut the lead to 18-15. But the Lions extended the margin to 29-20 at halftime and led by as many as 19 points in the second half.
Pine Bluff overcame the 18 turnovers by outrebounding Alabama A&M 43-27.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff rolls to 62-55 victory
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown