Lehigh beats American 77-65
WASHINGTON (AP)—Zahir Carrington scored 20 points to lead Lehigh in a 77-65 win over American on Saturday.
The Mountain Hawks (15-8, 6-2 Patriot League), who have won five of their last six, saw four players score in double figures. CJ McCollum finished with 19 points and a career-high 13 rebounds, Marquis Hall scored 18 points and Gabe Knutson had 10.
After a 3-pointer from American’s Joe Hill cut Lehigh’s lead to 65-60, the Mountain Hawks responded with an 8-0 run to take a 73-60 advantage with 1:13 remaining.
Vlad Moldoveanu paced the Eagles (7-16, 4-4) with 24 points. American had a three-game winning streak snapped.
Lehigh outrebounded American 35-30, and scored 15 points off of the Eagles’ 14 turnovers.
More than half of American’s field goal attempts were 3-pointers, but they shot only 26.5 percent from beyond the arc (9-for-34).
Lehigh shot 50 percent from 3-point range (6-for-12).
- As travel nightmares go, Malcolm Delaney's might be the worst
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home