North Florida holds off Lipscomb 72-70
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Brad Haugabrook made a layup with 1.1 seconds left and North Florida held off Lipscomb 72-70 on Friday night.
The Ospreys (11-12, 6-7 Atlantic Sun Conference) led most of the game and were ahead 59-43 with 9:58 to go. The Bisons (12-11, 9-5) then used a 15-0 run, capped by an Adnan Hodzic tip-in, to pull within a point with 5:34 left.
Lipscomb cut the deficit to 61-60 with 3:40 to go and to 70-69 with 50 seconds left. Hodzic tied the game on a free throw with 11 seconds remaining, then the Ospreys set up Haugabrook’s shot.
Eni Cuka led North Florida with 23 points.
Hodzic had his fourth consecutive double-double with 23 points and 13 rebounds, and has scored in double figures for the 50th straight game. Jordan Burgason added 22 for the Bisons.
Lipscomb snapped its three-game winning streak and has lost three straight at home for the first time since 2003.
- Letter besmirching Jimmer inspires hilarious Facebook thread
- No. 9 Baylor holds on 60-54 over Oklahoma to stay in 2nd
- Authorities investigating death of Clemson associate AD
- Allen's 3 lifts Virginia Tech past Clemson
- Terrell leads balanced Rhode Island past La Salle 67-56
- Once under fire, Pitino, Gophers surging toward NCAA Tourney