Bethune-Cookman defeats Coppin State 65-58 in OT
BALTIMORE (AP)—C.J. Reed scored 21 points and Bethune-Cookman dominated the overtime period to defeat Coppin State 65-58 on Friday night, extending the Eagles’ losing streak to 14 games.
Reed began the overtime scoring on a 3-pointer with 3:47 left, sparking a 9-0 Wildcats run. Coppin State didn’t score until Michael Harper’s layup with 6 seconds left.
Albert Abrahams added 19 points and 10 rebounds for Bethune-Cookman (14-9, 6-3 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference).
The Wildcats led 52-45 with 5:18 left in regulation, then the Eagles tied the game at 52 and again at 54 with 1:30 left. Alexander Starling’s layup gave Bethune-Cookman a 56-54 lead with 56 seconds to go, but Branden Doughty’s layup knotted the game with 31 seconds left.
Doughty then blocked a Reed layup attempt with 12 seconds left, forcing overtime.
Quinston Reggins led Coppin State (5-16, 0-9) with 16 points.
- Arizona forward Kevin Parrom apparently ‘OK’ after being shot
- UNC: Pinson out indefinitely with broken bone in right foot
- South Carolina freshman Felder arrested, jailed for assault
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season