Quinnipiac cruises past Sacred Heart 86-71
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP)—James Feldeine scored 27 points and Justin Rutty had a double-double to lead Quinnipiac to an 86-71 win over Sacred Heart on Thursday night.
Rutty finished with 22 points and 10 rebounds—six offensive—for the Bobcats (15-7, 9-2 Northeast Conference), who bounced back from a 61-56 loss to Mount St. Mary’s on Jan. 30. Before the loss, Quinnipiac had won eight games in a row.
Jonathan Cruz also had a double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds for the Bobcats.
Quinnipiac cruised past the Pioneers (12-10, 5-6), taking a 33-16 lead with 4:38 left in the first half on Dave Johnson’s layup. The Bobcats, who shot 60 percent from the field, didn’t let their lead fall below 12 points in the second half.
Ryan Litke led the Pioneers with 19 points on 6 of 15 from the floor and five 3-pointers. Liam Potter finished with 15 points.
- Quinnipiac cruises past Sacred Heart 86-71
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook