Wright State defeats Valparaiso, 75-71
VALPARAISO, Ind. (AP)—N’Gai Evans scored 18 points and Wright State held on to defeat Valparaiso 75-71 Thursday night.
Vaughn Duggins scored 17 points and Todd Brown added 12 for the Raiders (15-8, 8-4), now alone in second place in the Horizon League. They travel to meet the league leader, No. 23 Butler, on Saturday in Indianapolis.
Wright State shot 48 percent for the game and built a 15-point lead late in the first half, leading 31-21 at the break. Valparaiso (11-13, 6-6) briefly led midway through the second half before Wright State reestablished control.
Brandon Wood led the Crusaders with 18 points. Brandon McPherson scored 17 and Cory Johnson 16, and Ryan Broekhoff grabbed 13 rebounds.
The win gave Wright State a sweep in the regular season over the Crusaders. In the teams’ earlier meeting in Dayton, Ohio, the Raiders scored the last 11 points to win 59-57.
- Oklahoma holds on for 74-71 Big 12 win at Baylor
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69