Gerrity, Vucevic lead USC past Cal 66-63
LOS ANGELES (AP)—Mike Gerrity scored 12 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final minutes, and Nikola Vucevic made four free throws in the final 8.9 seconds as Southern California defeated California 66-63 on Thursday night.
Dwight Lewis had 13 points for USC (13-9, 5-5 Pac-10), which scored 25 consecutive points while holding Cal scoreless for a 10:46 stretch spanning halftime, turning an early 13-point deficit into a 42-30 lead.
Jerome Randle scored 29 points and rallied the Golden Bears (14-8, 6-4), who began the night tied with Arizona for the Pac-10 lead.
Cal traded the lead with USC in the final minutes, but after Theo Robertson missed a potential tying free throw with 10 seconds left, Vucevic kept the Trojans ahead.
- Gerrity, Vucevic lead USC past Cal 66-63
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game