Gerrity, Vucevic lead USC past Cal 66-63
LOS ANGELES (AP)—Mike Gerrity scored 12 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final minutes, and Nikola Vucevic made four free throws in the final 8.9 seconds as Southern California defeated California 66-63 on Thursday night.
Dwight Lewis had 13 points for USC (13-9, 5-5 Pac-10), which scored 25 consecutive points while holding Cal scoreless for a 10:46 stretch spanning halftime, turning an early 13-point deficit into a 42-30 lead.
Jerome Randle scored 29 points and rallied the Golden Bears (14-8, 6-4), who began the night tied with Arizona for the Pac-10 lead.
Cal traded the lead with USC in the final minutes, but after Theo Robertson missed a potential tying free throw with 10 seconds left, Vucevic kept the Trojans ahead.
- Never-timid Gilbert Arenas weighs in on the Georgetown brawl
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics
- No. 6 Kansas beats No. 10 West Virginia, 75-65
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout