Ohio sinks Toledo 65-58 in OT
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)—Tommy Freeman scored 17 points and both D.J. Cooper and Reggie Keely recorded double-doubles, leading Ohio over Toledo 65-58 in overtime on Thursday night.
Keely scored 14 points and grabbed 11 boards while Cooper added 10 points and 11 rebounds for the Bobcats (12-10, 3-5 Mid-American Conference), who played into overtime for the second game in a row. They lost 67-66 to Ball State on Jan. 31.
The Rockets opened overtime with two missed 3-pointers, and Freeman’s two free throws started Ohio’s 6-0 run early in the OT period for a 61-55 lead. They never trailed in OT and Cooper hit a pair of late foul shots for Ohio’s final margin.
Freeman hit a free throw with 24 seconds left in regulation for a 55-51 lead before Toledo’s Jake Barnett hit a foul shot and a 3 to send the game into OT.
Justin Anyijong scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for the Rockets (3-20, 0-9).
- Talor Battle makes least thrilling last second shot ever
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth
- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case
- Arizona adds to 2017 class with Lee's commitment
- Two conferences to experiment with restricted arc appeals