Austin Peay defeats Tennessee-Martin 74-69
MARTIN, Tenn. (AP)—John Fraley scored 13 points and grabbed 14 rebounds to help Austin Peay defeat Tennessee-Martin 74-69 on Thursday night.
Anthony Campbell chipped in 13 points and 10 rebounds and Wes Channels had 17 points and six assists for the Governors (14-10, 8-4 Ohio Valley Conference).
Austin Peay, which had 16 assists and seven turnovers, outrebounded the Skyhawks (3-18, 0-11) 40-23 and scored 13 second-chance points.
The Governors shot 42.6 percent from the field (26 of 61), including 13 of 26 in the second half (50 percent).
Benzor Simmons’ 3-pointer put Tennessee-Martin ahead 3-2 1:29 into the game. The Governors responded on a 14-4 run, and wouldn’t trail the rest of the way.
Austin Peay led by as many as 18, 33-15, on Channels’ 3-pointer with 2:45 left in the first half.
Marquis Weddle scored 23 points to lead the Skyhawks and Simmons added 17.
- Austin Peay defeats Tennessee-Martin 74-69
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four