Mount St. Mary’s sinks Wagner 69-44
EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP)—Jean Cajou scored 16 points, leading four Mount St. Mary’s players with double figures in a 69-44 win over Wagner on Thursday night.
Will Holland scored 12 points off the bench, Jeremy Goode added 11 and Shawn Atupem had 10 for the Mountaineers (8-14, 5-6 Northeast Conference), who have won three straight games.
Cajou hit 4-for-7 from 3-point range and Holland was 4-for-6 from beyond the arc for the Mountaineers, who hit a season-high 12 3-pointers on 23 attempts (52.2 percent).
Mount St. Mary’s scored the first six points of the game and did not trail in the contest. Wagner (4-20, 2-9) was able to even the score at 9-9 with 13:14 left in the first half, but the Mountaineers used a 14-4 run to take a 23-13 advantage with 8:04 left before halftime and never looked back.
Chris Martin and Doug Elwell each scored 11 points for Wagner in the loss.
- Mount St. Mary's sinks Wagner 69-44
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four