N.C.-Asheville 54, Charleston Southern 62
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Jamarco Warren scored 17 points and Charleston Southern defeated North Carolina-Asheville 62-54, extending the Buccaneers’ winning streak to four games.
Warren was 7-for-11 from the field and hit three 3-pointers as Charleston Southern (11-11, 6-6 Big South Conference) ended UNC-Asheville’s seven-game winning streak. The Bulldogs (10-13, 7-5) shot 42.3 percent from the field (22-for-52), were 2-for-15 from the 3-point line (13.3 percent) and committed 21 turnovers.
Charleston Southern held a 55-50 lead when D.J. Cunningham scored to cut the margin to 55-52 with 2:34 remaining. Tom Tankelewicz hit a 3-pointer and Warren added a jumper for a 60-52 advantage with 1:25 to play.
Tankelewicz and Kenny Mitchell added 13 points each for the Buccaneers.
John Williams led UNC-Asheville with nine points and eight rebounds. J.P. Primm added eight points and eight assists.
- North Carolina State legend Lorenzo Charles dies in bus crash
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare