College of Charleston defeats Chattanooga 86-74
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Tony White Jr. scored 19 points to lead five College of Charleston players in double figures as the Cougars defeated Chattanooga 86-74 on Thursday night.
Andrew Goudelock and Matt Sundberg added 17 points each as the College of Charleston (15-8, 10-2 Southern Conference) improved to 9-2 in their past 11 games. They hit 17 3-pointers in 44 attempts (38.6 percent) as Goudelock and Sundberg each hit five and White finished with four.
The Cougars used a 17-3 first-half run to break open a tie game and take a 43-24 lead into the break. White and Sundberg hit back-to-back 3s for a 23-15 lead with 10:13 left, and after White converted a three-point play, Sundberg and Goudelock hit 3-pointers for a 32-18 advantage.
Jeremy Simmons and Donovan Monroe added 10 points each for the Cougars.
DeAntre Jefferson led Chattanooga (13-11, 5-6) with 13 points and Ricky Taylor added 12.
- College of Charleston defeats Chattanooga 86-74
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0