3-pointer at buzzer gives Little Rock 79-77 win
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP)—Alex Garcia-Mendoza hit a long 3-pointer at the buzzer Thursday to give Arkansas-Little Rock a 79-77 victory over Arkansas State.
The Trojans (7-15, 3-8 Sun Belt), who trailed almost the entire second half, were down 77-76 after JeJuan Brown hit one of two free throws with :03 remaining to give Arkansas State (13-9, 8-3) the lead.
Solomon Bozeman led Little Rock with 20 points and seven assists. Garcia-Mendoza added 14 points, Matt Mouzy 12 and Kelson Stewart 10.
Brandon Reed and Martavius Adams each scored 17 points for Arkansas State (13-9, 8-3), which had won six of its last seven games and was in first place in the Sun Belt Conference. Rashad Allison added 14 points, eight rebounds and five assists for the Red Wolves.
Little Rock was outrebounded 44-31 but made up for it by hitting 10 of 19 3-point attempts compared to 6 of 21 for the Red Wolves.
- Wisconsin-Milwaukee edges Cleveland State 77-75
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team