Cal State-Bakersfield tops Cal-Irvine 68-55
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP)—Trent Blakley scored 20 points and Santwon Latunde had 17 points and 10 rebounds to lead Cal State-Bakersfield to a 68-55 victory over Cal-Irvine Wednesday night.
Stephon Carter scored 12 points for the Roadrunners (5-16), who shot 46 percent from the field in the nonconference game. Blakley, a senior, scored in double figures for the 25th consecutive game.
Cal State-Bakersfield used a 12-0 run late in the first half to take the lead for good. Cal-Irvine came within three points on two occasions but couldn’t overtake the Roadrunners.
Eric Wise, with 18 points, was the only player in double figures for the Anteaters (9-14).
The teams meet again Saturday night in Irvine. Anteaters coach Pat Douglass led Bakersfield to three NCAA Division II titles in the 1990s.
- Harper leads Richmond 60-48
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner