McNeese State beats Northwestern State 92-85
NATCHITOCHES, La. (AP)—Patrick Richard scored 18 points to lead McNeese State to a 92-85 victory over Northwestern State on Wednesday night.
Diego Kaplan added 17 points, hitting four 3-pointers, and P.J. Alawoya added 13 points and 16 rebounds as the Cowboys (8-13, 3-4 Southland Conference) won for the first time in three games.
McNeese State led throughout, increasing the margin to 71-51 on Alawoya’s layup with 8:48 remaining.
Northwestern State (7-13, 2-5) cut the lead to five points on three occasions, the last on Michael McConathy’s 3-pointer with 11 seconds left, but C.J. Collins hit four free throws for the win.
The Cowboys shot 54.2 percent from the field (32-for-59) and dominated inside with 50 points in the paint.
Preston David added 11 points for McNeese State.
Damon Jones scored 19, Will Pratt added 18 and Devon Baker scored 13 points for Northwestern State.
- McNeese State beats Northwestern State 92-85
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four