Northeastern pulls away from Delaware 67-51
NEWARK, Del. (AP)—Matt Janning scored 15 of his 17 points in the first half as Northeastern pulled away from Delaware 67-51 on Tuesday night to sweep the season series.
Janning hit three 3-pointers in the first 6:32 for the Huskies (15-8, 10-2 Colonial Athletic Association), who have won 13 of their last 14 games.
The Huskies, who led 32-21 at halftime and by as many as 20 in the second half, outshot Delaware from the field 50 percent (22-for-44) to 30 percent (15-for-50).
The Blue Hens (6-17, 2-10), who lost to Northeastern 59-55 on Jan. 13, lost for the ninth time in 10 games despite 30 points from Jawan Carter. The junior guard was 8-for-15 from the floor, including 6-for-11 from beyond the arc, and 8-for-9 from the free throw line.
No other Delaware player scored more than five points.
Chaisson Allen added 15 points for Northeastern and Nkem Ojougboh had 12 rebounds.
- John Wall dunks on Jerry Stackhouse in a bad, bad way
- Top 3 NCAA Tourney Gaffes...in Legos
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does 2017 North Carolina rank among Roy Williams' best teams at UNC?
- North Carolina lawmakers agree to repeal HB2 right before NCAA deadline, but new bill isn't full reversal
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year