Kennesaw State defeats Stetson 73-62
KENNESAW, Ga. (AP)—Markeith Cummings scored 18 points and Kennesaw State beat Stetson 73-62 on Monday night.
Kurtis Woods added 16 points for the Owls (11-12, 6-6 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won five in a row. Matt Heramb grabbed 12 rebounds for Kennesaw State.
A.J. Smith scored 22 points to lead Stetson (5-16, 3-10), which has lost their last four games. Joel Naburgs added 13 points. The Hatters finished 0-2 against Kennesaw State for the season after losing 75-59 to the Owls on Jan. 24.
Kennesaw State committed 19 turnovers, but outrebounded the Hatters 42-25. The Owls shot 51.1 percent from the field (24-for-47) while shooting 41.2 percent from 3-point range (7-for-17).
Stetson shot 36.8 percent from the field (25-for-68) and 25.5 percent from beyond the 3-point arc (11-for-31).
- Kennesaw State defeats Stetson 73-62
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four