Norfolk State defeats Coppin State 80-71
NORFOLK, Va. (AP)—Kyle O’Quinn scored 18 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to help Norfolk State defeat Coppin State 80-71 on Monday night.
Michael Deloach added 27 points on 7 of 12 shooting, and was 10 of 14 from the foul line for the Spartans (4-16, 3-5 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference). Norfolk State shot 51.9 percent from the field (27 of 52).
The Eagles (5-15, 0-8) scored 30 points off 23 Norfolk State turnovers, but shot just 37.1 percent from the field (26 of 70).
Rob Hampton scored 13 points for the Spartans and Aleek Pauline grabbed 11 rebounds. The Spartans outrebounded Coppin State 41-38 and scored 40 points in the paint.
The Eagles were led by Lenny Young with 13 points and Vince Goldsberry with 11.
Sam Coleman grabbed 12 rebounds for Coppin State, which lost its 12th straight.
- Nebraska player's dad wants Doug Gottlieb to say he's sorry
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- Iowa State's Prohm adds former Alabama coach to staff
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network