Texas Southern defeats Alabama A&M 67-62
NORMAL, Ala. (AP)—Deandre Hall posted a double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds, and Texas Southern beat Alabama A&M 67-62 on Monday night.
The Tigers went 10-for-10 from the foul line in the final two minutes to preserve the win. Leading 61-60 with 31 seconds to play, Junior Treasure and Aaron Clayborn each made two free throws to push the lead to 65-60 with 7 seconds remaining.
After a quick basket by the Bulldogs’ Cornelius Hester made it 65-62, Treasure added two more foul shots to provide the final margin.
Travele Jones added 13 points and Clayborn had 12 for the Tigers (11-10, 7-2 Southwestern Athletic Conference).
The Tigers have won five of their past six games, all of which have been decided by seven points or less. The Bulldogs (7-10, 4-5) had a four-game winning streak snapped.
Casey Cantey scored 19 points, Hester added 18 and Maurice Kemp 11 for the Bulldogs.
- Texas Southern defeats Alabama A&M 67-62
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again with ill-advised, empty possessions late in collapse
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0