Mississippi Valley St. beats Grambling St. 93-83
ITTA BENA, Miss. (AP)—Julius Cheeks scored 18 points to lead Mississippi Valley State to a 93-83 win over Grambling State on Monday night.
Darian Donald added 14 points for the Delta Devils (5-17, 4-5 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who snapped a three-game losing streak.
Grambling State (4-13, 2-7) was led by Donald Qualls, who scored 28 points on 8 of 24 shooting. Lance Fuertado added 23 points for the Tigers.
Mississippi Valley State shot 59.6 percent from the field (31-for-52) and 52.9 percent from 3-point range (9-for-17).
The Delta Devils outrebounded Grambling State 36-33, and their bench outscored the Tigers’ 25-5. Grambling State shot 43.3 percent from the field (29-for-67) and shot 33.3 percent from beyond the arc (7-for-21).
The Delta Devils outscored the Tigers 54-40 in the second half.
- No. 15 Villanova beats La Salle 70-59
- Gillon's 3 at buzzer lifts Syracuse past No. 10 Duke 78-75
- Kansas guard Graham apologizes after traffic warrant arrest
- No. 8 Tar Heels top No. 7 Cardinals 74-63, stretch ACC lead
- Providence beats No. 23 Bluejays 68-66 on Cartwright late 3
- Vermont wins 17th straight, American East title, over Albany