Belmont 74, ETSU 67
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP)—Keaton Belcher scored 18 points and Belmont held off East Tennessee State 74-67 on Monday night.
Mick Hedgepeth added 16 points and Drew Hanlen had 15 for the Bruins (13-10, 8-5 Atlantic Sun Conference), who swept the season series against the Buccaneers. The Bruins won 100-89 on Jan. 23.
It was Belmont’s fourth win in its past five games and 10th win in the past 13 meetings with East Tennessee State.
Belmont led 63-47 with 6:23 to play before the Buccaneers (11-12, 7-5) went on a 16-2 run to pull to within 65-63. Sheldon Cooley missed a dunk that would have tied the game for the Buccaneers.
The Bruins pulled away after that, finishing on a 9-4 run. Belmont made 25 of 34 free throw attempts (73.5 percent).
Isiah Brown scored 17 points, and Tommy Hubbard had a double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds for the Bruins.
- Belmont 74, ETSU 67
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2