Western Michigan defeats Buffalo 85-70
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Martell McLemore scored 24 points and David Kool added 23 to help Western Michigan defeat Buffalo 85-70 on Monday night.
The Broncos (12-9, 4-4 Mid-American Conference) shot 58.5 percent from the field (31 of 53), including 11-for-22 from 3-point range.
Donald Lawson added 11 points and Mike Douglas had a career-high 10 assists for the Broncos, who snapped a two-game losing streak.
Western Michigan led 14-12 early, and went on a 9-2 run to take a 23-14 lead on Donald Lawson’s jumper with 8:41 to go in the first half.
McLemore gave the Broncos their biggest lead, 73-51, on a jumper with 8:18 to go. Western Michigan led the entire way, and outrebounded Buffalo 32-29.
Rodney Pierce paced the Bulls (11-8, 4-4) with 29 points and Calvin Betts had a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- Duke's championship rings are more flashy than functional
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims