Bowling Green defeats Toledo 58-47
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP)—Scott Thomas scored 14 points to lead Bowling Green to a 58-47 win over Toledo on Monday night.
Erik Marschall and Dee Brown scored 12 points each for the Falcons (11-9, 4-4 Mid-American Conference).
Bowling Green held a 26-20 halftime lead, and opened the second half by nailing three 3-pointers in just over the first 3 minutes. A 3 by Thomas with 16:54 remaining gave the Falcons a 37-24 lead.
The Rockets scored just two points over a 9-minute span, and a 3-pointer from Joe Jakubowski capped 7-0 run by Bowling Green to give them a 46-30 lead with 5:55 remaining.
Justin Anyijong scored 18 points for Toledo (3-19, 0-8), which has lost their past 12 games.
Bowling Green shot 56.4 percent from the field (22-for-39), and 76.9 percent from the free-throw line (10-for-13).
Toledo shot 42.2 percent from the field (19-for-45) and 50 percent from the line (3-for-6).
- Bowling Green defeats Toledo 58-47
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four