Montana St. 68, N. Colorado 74
GREELEY, Colo. (AP)—Will Figures scored 14 of his 20 points in the second half as Northern Colorado avenged its worst loss of the season with a 74-68 victory on Sunday.
Neal Kingman added 14 points and 10 rebounds for Northern Colorado (18-5, 7-3 Big Sky). Mike Proctor had 12 and Devon Beitzel and Chris Kaba 11 each for the Bears, who lost 87-63 to the Bobcats on Dec. 4 in Bozeman, Mont.
Northern Colorado reached 18 wins for the first time since 1989.
Branden Johnson had four 3-pointers and a career-high 16 points for Montana State (11-10, 6-4). Bobby Howard had 13 points and nine rebounds. Marquis Navarre and Cody Anderson contributed 10 points apiece.
- A homebrew named after Karen Sypher is an award-winner
- Freshmen Leaf and Ball help No. 2 UCLA beat Michigan 102-84
- Karnowski leads No. 8 Gonzaga to 1st 10-0 start in history
- No. 3 Jayhawks cruise to 89-72 victory over Nebraska
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60