Monmouth defeats Bryant 50-46
SMITHFIELD, R.I. (AP)—Will Campbell and Nick DelTufo scored 15 points apiece to lead Monmouth (N.J.) to a 50-46 victory over Bryant on Saturday.
The Hawks (10-12, 6-4 Northeast Conference) snapped a two-game losing slump with the win, while Bryant (0-22, 0-10) remains winless on the season.
Trailing by four points, Bryant’s Adam Parzych was sent to the free throw line with 20 seconds remaining. But Parzych only made one of two attemtps, keeping Monmouth ahead 49-46.
Dutch Gaitley then made one of two free throws for Monmouth to put them back up by four points, and Bryant missed two 3-point attempts down the stretch.
Chris Birrell finished with 15 points to pace Bryant. Vlad Kondratyev contributed 13 points and six rebounds.
Monmouth shot only 36.4 percent from the field (16-for-44), but outrebounded the Bulldogs 40-27.
Bryant shot 34.1 percent from the field (15-for-44).
- Jacob Tucker’s rise from D-III obscurity peaks with dunk crown
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner