Monmouth defeats Bryant 50-46
SMITHFIELD, R.I. (AP)—Will Campbell and Nick DelTufo scored 15 points apiece to lead Monmouth (N.J.) to a 50-46 victory over Bryant on Saturday.
The Hawks (10-12, 6-4 Northeast Conference) snapped a two-game losing slump with the win, while Bryant (0-22, 0-10) remains winless on the season.
Trailing by four points, Bryant’s Adam Parzych was sent to the free throw line with 20 seconds remaining. But Parzych only made one of two attemtps, keeping Monmouth ahead 49-46.
Dutch Gaitley then made one of two free throws for Monmouth to put them back up by four points, and Bryant missed two 3-point attempts down the stretch.
Chris Birrell finished with 15 points to pace Bryant. Vlad Kondratyev contributed 13 points and six rebounds.
Monmouth shot only 36.4 percent from the field (16-for-44), but outrebounded the Bulldogs 40-27.
Bryant shot 34.1 percent from the field (15-for-44).
- Monmouth defeats Bryant 50-46
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?