Kennesaw State defeats Florida Gulf Coast 77-70
KENNESAW, Ga. (AP)—Jon-Michael Nickerson scored 21 points to lead Kennesaw State to a 77-70 win over Florida Gulf Coast on Saturday night.
Markeith Cummings and Kurtis Woods each scored 16 for the Owls (10-12, 5-6 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won four straight.
Kennesaw State used a 12-0 run late in the second half to jump out to a 73-63 lead with 1:18 remaining. A 3-pointer from the Eagles’ Kenneth Chambers cut the lead to 74-70 with 30 seconds left, but Florida Gulf Coast failed to score again for the remainder of the contest.
Reed Baker paced the Eagles (7-14, 4-8) with 16 points. Anthony Banks added 13 points, while Hunter Miller dished out 10 assists.
Kennesaw State benefited from more than twice as many trips to the free-throw line, shooting 17-for-24 from the charity stripe (70.8 percent). Florida Gulf Coast shot 6-for-10 from the foul line (60 percent).
- Penn State guard face plants MSG floor in NIT championship
- No. 20 Arizona's Jackson-Cartwright out up to 2 months
- No. 25 Iowa State pounds Omaha 91-47
- Eastern Kentucky basketball player charged with rape
- Milwaukee beats Montana State, spoils Hall's career night
- Notice, Dozier lead No. 20 South Carolina past FIU, 70-54