Barbour, High Point edge Gardner-Webb 82-80 in OT
BOILING SPRINGS, N.C. (AP)—Nick Barbour tipped in a rebound of his own missed shot with one second left in overtime, capping his 30-point performance and lifting High Point over Gardner-Webb 82-80 on Saturday night.
Barbour scored the final eight points for the Panthers (11-10, 6-5 Big South Conference), including a layup that put them ahead 80-77 with 35 seconds left.
Grayson Flittner responded for the Runnin’ Bulldogs (6-15, 3-8) with a tying 3-pointer with 22 seconds left.
High Point trailed 63-56 with 4:48 left in regulation, but Barbour and Eugene Harris, who scored 22 points, scored all 12 of the Panthers’ points the rest of the way in regulation, which ended 68-68.
Jon Moore scored a career-high 25 points for Gardner-Webb.
Gardner-Webb shot 55.6 percent (30-for-54) to High Point’s 42.2 percent (27-for-64), but High Point was 23-for-32 on free throws to Gardner-Webb’s 11-for-23.
- Barbour, High Point edge Gardner-Webb 82-80 in OT
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Jordan Mathews' go-ahead 3-pointer propels Gonzaga into the Elite Eight
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups