Western Kentucky routs New Orleans 76-56
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP)—Steffphon Pettigrew and A.J. Slaughter each scored 18 points to lead Western Kentucky to a 76-56 rout over New Orleans on Saturday.
The Hilltoppers (12-10, 5-5 Sun Belt Conference) snapped a five-game losing streak. The Privateers (7-15, 2-9), who finished with 25 turnovers, lost their fourth straight.
Western Kentucky shot 48.3 percent from the field (29-for-60), while New Orleans shot 44.4 percent (20-for-45). Both teams shot over 60 percent in the first half.
Freshmen Caden Dickerson scored 14 points and Jamaal Crook had 11 points. Jeremy Evans finished with 12 points and 13 rebounds as all Western starters scored in double figures.
Charles Carmouche was the only Privateer with more than six points, scoring a game-high 23 points. Carmouche went 8 of 14 from the floor, while the rest of the team went 12-for-31.
- Bearcats coach Mick Cronin: Nothing to see here
- UNC: Pinson out indefinitely with broken bone in right foot
- South Carolina freshman Felder arrested, jailed for assault
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season