Vermont surges past Albany 64-46
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP)—Marqus Blakely scored 14 points, including five during an 11-0 Vermont run at the start of the second half, to lead the Catamounts to a 64-46 victory over Albany (N.Y.) on Saturday.
Vermont (15-8, 6-3 America East Conference), which had lost its past three games, scored 18 of the first 19 points in the second half after trailing the Great Danes (6-18, 1-8) 29-25 at halftime.
Albany shot just 24 percent (6-for-25) in the second half, including 0-for-6 on 3-pointers. The Great Danes’ 46 points were their fewest since a season-opening 75-43 loss to Syracuse and the fewest scored against Vermont this season
Joey Accaoui scored 11 points for Vermont, including three 3-pointers, and Evan Fjeld had 10 points and six rebounds.
Logan Aronhalt, Fran Urli and Mike Black scored seven points apiece to pace Albany.
- Vermont surges past Albany 64-46
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four