Utah State gets 6th win in row, 77-58
LOGAN, Utah (AP)—Nate Bendall scored a career-high 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds Saturday as Utah State won its sixth straight game with a 77-58 victory over San Jose State.
Brady Jardine added a career-high 17 points for the Aggies (16-6, 6-2 Western Athletic) and Pooh Williams had 14.
Adrian Oliver had 19 points and Mac Peterson 11 for the Spartans (12-9, 5-4).
Up 39-36 at halftime, Utah State used four straight points from Jardine and a 3-pointer from Brian Green to extend the lead to 53-42 with 13:03 to play.
The Aggies got 24 points in the paint in the second half compared to eight for San Jose State. Utah State also shot 60.7 percent from the field in the second half, while the Spartans were held to 21.4 percent.
- Utah State gets 6th win in row, 77-58
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four