Troy holds off South Alabama 73-66 in overtime
TROY, Ala. (AP)—Brandon Hazzard scored 17 points and Michael Vogler had 15 as Troy defeated South Alabama 73-66 in overtime on Saturday night.
Vogler and Yamene Coleman each scored six points in overtime for the Trojans (12-10, 7-4 Sun Belt Conference), who avenged a last-second 69-67 loss at South Alabama on Jan. 16.
Troy built a six-point lead, then went 6-for-6 from the free throw line in the final 26 seconds to seal the win.
Coleman finished with 14 points and 13 rebounds for the Trojans, who won back-to-back games for the first time since Jan. 2.
Tim Williams had a career-high 28 points and 12 rebounds for South Alabama (12-11, 4-7), which has lost four straight and seven of its last eight.
The Jaguars led 30-21 at halftime. With 2:12 to go, Williams hit two jumpers for a 57-54 South Alabama lead. Richard Delk tied it on a 3-point play with 1:51 left in regulation.
- Troy holds off South Alabama 73-66 in overtime
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four