Troy holds off South Alabama 73-66 in overtime
TROY, Ala. (AP)—Brandon Hazzard scored 17 points and Michael Vogler had 15 as Troy defeated South Alabama 73-66 in overtime on Saturday night.
Vogler and Yamene Coleman each scored six points in overtime for the Trojans (12-10, 7-4 Sun Belt Conference), who avenged a last-second 69-67 loss at South Alabama on Jan. 16.
Troy built a six-point lead, then went 6-for-6 from the free throw line in the final 26 seconds to seal the win.
Coleman finished with 14 points and 13 rebounds for the Trojans, who won back-to-back games for the first time since Jan. 2.
Tim Williams had a career-high 28 points and 12 rebounds for South Alabama (12-11, 4-7), which has lost four straight and seven of its last eight.
The Jaguars led 30-21 at halftime. With 2:12 to go, Williams hit two jumpers for a 57-54 South Alabama lead. Richard Delk tied it on a 3-point play with 1:51 left in regulation.
- Video: Clemson fan tackles Wake Forest player
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner