Chattanooga defeats Appalachian State 85-80
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP)—Ridge McKeither finished with 18 points and 12 rebounds to lead Chattanooga to an 85-80 victory over Appalachian State on Saturday night.
Ty Patterson scored 18 points and grabbed eight rebounds for the Mocs (13-10, 5-5 Southern Conference), while Ricky Taylor added 11 points and eight rebounds.
Appalachian State’s Jeremi Booth made two free throws to cut Chattanooga’s lead to 83-80 with 18 seconds remaining in the game. Taylor then made 1 of 2 free throws to put the Mocs up by four, but Booth missed a layup on the other end with 10 seconds left.
Taylor would again make 1 of 2 free throws for the final score, as Booth’s last-second jumper was off the mark.
Donald Sims led Appalachian State (12-9, 6-4) with 24 points. Booth finished with 21 points and six rebounds.
- Chattanooga defeats Appalachian State 85-80
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark