Northern Iowa tips Missouri State 55-54
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP)—Kerwin Dunham’s basket with 40 seconds left lifted Northern Iowa to a 55-54 win over Missouri State Saturday.
Northern Iowa (19-2, 10-1 Missouri Valley) trailed 54-50 with 1:38 left.
The conference-leading Panthers led by as many as seven with 10:57 left but Missouri State (15-7, 5-6), which was 11-1 at home going into Saturday’s game, rallied on back-to-back 3-pointers by Adam Leonard and tied the game at 50 on Leonard’s third 3 of the half with 4:20 left.
Baskets by Leonard and Will Creekmore gave Missouri State its 54-50 lead before Northern Iowa’s comeback, which started when Ali Farokhmanesh made a free throw with 1:23 left. Adam Koch, who scored 10 points, made a jumper with 1:17 to go.
Jordan Eglseder led Northern Iowa with 14 points. Leonard led Missouri State with 17.
- Northern Iowa tips Missouri State 55-54
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four