Montana defeats Northern Arizona, 84-64
FLAGSTAFF, Ari. (AP)—Anthony Johnson scored 28 points and Montana beat Northern Arizona 84-64 in Big Sky Conference play on Saturday night.
Johnson scored 25 of his 28 points in the second half and scored 13 straight points at one point in the second frame to spark a 21-3 run by the Grizzlies that broke the game open.
Johnson hit a jumper at the 12:31 mark to tie the game at 45-45 before the Grizzlies (15-7, 6-4) started pulling away.
Montana shot 19 of 25 in the second half (76 percent) and scored 55 points in the half.
Will Cherry added 19 points and a team-high seven rebounds in the win.
Northern Arizona (11-10, 5-5) was paced by Cameron Jones, who had 22 points. DeAngelo Jones chipped in with 14.
The loss snapped a four-game winning streak for the Lumberjacks. The grizzlies have now won 5 of 6.
- Montana defeats Northern Arizona, 84-64
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook