Louisiana-Lafayette defeats Louisiana-Monroe 72-67
MONROE, La. (AP)—Tyren Johnson scored 19 points for his 10th straight game in double figures and Louisiana-Lafayette rallied to beat Louisiana-Monroe 72-67 on Saturday.
Trailing 39-37 with 13:32 left, the Ragin’ Cajuns (9-12, 6-4 Sun Belt Conference) twice went inside to Javan Mitchell, who was fouled both times and made four free throws to push Louisiana-Lafayette ahead 41-39 with 12:11 to go.
Mitchell banked in a shot to spark a 7-0 run that gave the Ragin’ Cajuns a 52-43 lead with 5:45 left. The Warhawks (9-14, 4-8) pulled within 54-49 with 4:25 left, but they could get no closer until the final minute.
The Ragin’ Cajuns held Louisiana-Monroe to only five field goals in the first 18 minutes of the second half.
Raymone Andrews scored 17 points and made 11 of 14 free throws for Louisiana-Lafayette.
Dynile Forbes led the Warhawks with 23 points on 7-for-14 shooting.
- NCAA finds that UConn committed eight major violations
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case