Towson 58, N.C.-Wilmington 53
WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP)—Josh Thornton scored 13 points and Towson snapped a four-game losing streak with a 58-53 win over North Carolina-Wilmington on Saturday.
Calvin Lee had a double-double with 12 points and 12 rebounds, and Jarrel Smith added 11 points for the Tigers (5-16, 2-9 Colonial Athletic Association), who had lost eight of their previous nine games.
The score was tied seven times before the Tigers took the lead for good at 50-48 on a jumper by Thornton with 4:52 to play.
The game was the first for the Seahawks since assistant Brooks Lee took over as interim head coach. Former coach Benny Moss, who was 41-74 in four seasons with the Seahawks, was reassigned Friday to another position within the athletic department.
John Fields had 13 points and 21 rebounds for the Seahawks (7-15, 3-8), who have lost seven of their last eight games. Chad Tomko and Ahmad Grant each scored 11.
- Oklahoma shows poor judgment with choice of alumni coaches
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality