Jackson State routs MVSU 77-59
ITTA BENA, Miss. (AP)—Garrison Johnson scored a career-high 30 points and Jackson State routed Mississippi Valley State 77-59 on Saturday for its fourth win in a row.
De’Suan Dixon added 22 points and Tyrone Hanson had 12 for the Tigers (9-11, 7-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference).
Cason Burk added 11 rebounds for the Tigers, who outrebounded the Delta Devils 42-39.
Jackson State led by nine at halftime, 37-28, and wasted little time putting the game out of reach. The Tigers opened the second half with a 23-6 run to claim their biggest lead of the game at 60-35 after a free throw by Christian Williams with 11:41 to play.
The Tigers shot 50 percent from the field (27-for-54) while MVSU made only 31.7 percent (20-for-63).
Julius Cheeks scored 21 points, D’Angelo Jackson added 11 and Shannon Behling had 10 for the Delta Devils (4-17, 3-5), who have lost three games in a row.
- Jackson State routs MVSU 77-59
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0