American U. defeats Lafayette 76-66
EASTON, Pa. (AP)—Vlad Moldoveanu scored 21 points and three others reached doubles figures as American University beat Lafayette for the 11th time in a row 76-66 on Saturday.
Stephen Lumpkins added 13 points, Nick Hendra had 12 points and six assists, and Daniel Munoz scored 10 for the Eagles (7-15, 4-3 Patriot League), who have won three straight.
The Eagles shot 52.8 percent from the field (28-for-53), including 43.5 percent (10-for-23) from 3-point range.
Leading 35-33 at halftime, the Eagles built a 51-42 lead with 12:02 to play. The Leopards (14-8, 5-2) answered with an 11-2 run of their own to tie the game on a free throw by Jared Mintz with 7:51 remaining.
The Eagles put the game away with a 17-8 run to lead 70-61 with 1:09 remaining after a 3-pointer by Moldoveanu.
Mintz led the Leopards with 19 points, Jeff Kari added 17 and Jim Mower had 10.
- Siena loses to Niagara, but its at-larges chances still exist
- Freshmen Leaf and Ball help No. 2 UCLA beat Michigan 102-84
- Karnowski leads No. 8 Gonzaga to 1st 10-0 start in history
- No. 3 Jayhawks cruise to 89-72 victory over Nebraska
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60