Illinois State routs Bradley, 66-47
NORMAL, Ill. (AP)—Dinma Odiakosa scored a career-high 25 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Illinois State to a 66-47 victory over Bradley on Saturday.
Odiakosa had eight of his rebounds on the offensive glass for the Redbirds (15-7, 6-5 Missouri Valley). Lloyd Phillips and Osiris Eldridge had 13 points each and Tony Lewis had 13 rebounds for Illinois State, which outrebounded Bradley 50-28 and held a 34-10 advantage in points in the paint.
Andrew Warren was the only Bradley player in double figures with 11 points. The Braves (10-11, 5-6) shot just 29 percent from the field in their lowest-scoring game of the season.
The score was tied late in the first half before Illinois State went on a 14-5 run for a 35-26 halftime lead. The Redbirds opened the second half with a 13-3 burst to take a 48-29 lead.
- Illinois State routs Bradley, 66-47
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- Arizona team breakdown