Jenkins leads Hofstra over Delaware 77-67
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP)—Charles Jenkins scored 27 points, 21 in the second half, as Hofstra finished strong to beat Delaware 77-67 on Saturday after losing nearly all of a 13-point lead.
The Pride (11-12, 4-7 Colonial Athletic Association) led throughout, but the Blue Hens (6-16, 2-9) got within one point, 58-57, with 4:32 remaining.
Jenkins hit a jumper on Hofstra’s next possession to make it 60-57, and he scored eight of the Pride’s final 19 points.
Chaz Williams had 18 points and eight rebounds, and Halil Kanacevic scored 16 points for Hofstra, which outscored Delaware 30-16 in the paint and 16-5 on points off turnovers.
Jawan Carter had 22 points and nine rebounds to lead the Blue Hens, who have lost eight of their past nine games.
- Jenkins leads Hofstra over Delaware 77-67
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown