Lipscomb nips East Tennessee State 85-84 in OT
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP)—Jordan Burgason hit a jumper with four seconds remaining in overtime and Lipscomb beat East Tennessee State 85-84 on Saturday.
Josh Slater had a career-high 35 points, Adnan Hodzic added 22 points and 12 rebounds, and Burgason scored 16 for the Bisons (11-10, 8-4 Atlantic Sun Conference), who won their second straight and move into second place in the conference. The win avenges a last-second, one-point loss to the Pirates on Jan. 21.
Hodzic has hit double figures in 48 straight games, the longest active streak in the nation. Slater is averaging 29 points over the past three games.
East Tennessee State had won eight of the previous nine games in the series.
Tommy Hubbard led the Pirates (11-11, 7-4) with 22 points and 13 rebounds. Isiah Brown also had a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds, Justin Tubbs had 16 and Micah Williams had 13.
- Lipscomb nips East Tennessee State 85-84 in OT
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown