Detroit knocks down Illinois-Chicago 76-73
DETROIT (AP)—Chase Simon picked up his second double-double of the season, scoring 20 points and grabbing 10 rebounds to lead Detroit to a 76-73 win over Illinois-Chicago on Saturday.
The Titans (14-8, 7-4 Horizon) were down 36-38 at the half but opened up the second period with a 16-0 run, taking a lead they never gave back.
Simon scored 13 of his points in the second half to make it the sixth game in a row in which he led the Titans in scoring. His last double-double, the first of his career, was on Jan. 14 against Milwaukee.
Xavier Keeling added 14 points for the Titans while Thomas Kennedy scored 11.
Jeremy Buttell of the Flames (5-16, 1-10) led the game in scoring with 23 points. Zavion Neely helped out with 16 points and Robo Kreps added 11.
- On-target Creighton whips Southern Illinois 88-69
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case