Leonard, San Diego State down Colorado State 64-52
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP)—Kawhi Leonard achieved a double-double in the first half and finished with 14 points and 12 rebounds to lead San Diego State past Colorado State 64-52 on Saturday.
Leonard helped the Aztecs (15-6, 4-3 Mountain West) establish a 32-24 lead at intermission with 12 points and 10 rebounds in the first half.
D.J. Gay led San Diego State with 17 points, Chase Tapley scored 12 and Malcolm Thomas grabbed 13 rebounds.
Andy Ogide led the Rams (12-9, 3-4) with 13 points, and Travis Franklin scored 10.
San Diego State led 15-6 midway through the first half, but Colorado State fought back to take its only lead when Dorian Green sank three free throws for a 23-20 edge with 3:19 left.
But Tapley scored seven points in a 57-second span—his only points of the half—to propel the Aztecs on a 12-1 run. They cruised from there.
- Quinnipiac forward Justin Rutty shatters backboard in practice
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner