Leonard, San Diego State down Colorado State 64-52
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP)—Kawhi Leonard achieved a double-double in the first half and finished with 14 points and 12 rebounds to lead San Diego State past Colorado State 64-52 on Saturday.
Leonard helped the Aztecs (15-6, 4-3 Mountain West) establish a 32-24 lead at intermission with 12 points and 10 rebounds in the first half.
D.J. Gay led San Diego State with 17 points, Chase Tapley scored 12 and Malcolm Thomas grabbed 13 rebounds.
Andy Ogide led the Rams (12-9, 3-4) with 13 points, and Travis Franklin scored 10.
San Diego State led 15-6 midway through the first half, but Colorado State fought back to take its only lead when Dorian Green sank three free throws for a 23-20 edge with 3:19 left.
But Tapley scored seven points in a 57-second span—his only points of the half—to propel the Aztecs on a 12-1 run. They cruised from there.
- Dean Smith's trust sends $200 checks to his UNC lettermen
- West Virginia-Kentucky Preview
- In the NCAAs, time doesn't always fly when you're having fun
- Wednesday's Sports In Brief
- Temple moves on to NIT semifinals
- Loyola Chicago wins CBI semifinal
- Wichita St.-Notre Dame Preview
- Oklahoma's Hield making clutch plays
- Xavier-Arizona Preview
- North Carolina-Wisconsin Preview
- A guide to the NCAA Tournament's regional rounds
- La.-Monroe beats Vermont to reach CBI title series
- Buzzer-beater puts ODU in NIT semifinals
- AP Source: Mark Price to take over as Charlotte 49ers coach
- 6 teams with 10 or more losses most ever to reach Sweet 16
- Utah: Facing Duke is a big deal, but Utes aren't star-struck