Bucknell defeats cold-shooting Army 55-48
LEWISBURG, Pa. (AP)—Mike Muscala scored 13 points and Bucknell defeated Army 55-48 on Saturday night after holding the Black Knights without a field goal over a stretch of 10:13 late in the second half.
In a game that was tied 11 times, the Bison (9-14, 4-3 Patriot League) took the lead for good with an 11-2 run that made it 37-33 with 12:37 remaining. The win was Bucknell’s third straight.
After the Black Knights (12-9, 2-5) got within 39-37 with 10:22 left, they missed their next 12 shots before Julian Simmons hit a layup with 10 seconds remaining.
Bucknell shot just 32.8 percent (19-for-58), including 1-for-18 on 3-pointers, but Army finished with a season-low 31.1 percent (14-for-45) from the floor, including 23.1 percent (6-for-26) in the second half.
Cleveland Richard led Army with 15 points, making 8 of 9 free throws, and Simmons had 11 points.
- Leon Rice hopes to build Boise State in Gonzaga's image
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season
- NC State hires ex-Kansas State coach Asbury as analyst