Central Michigan defeats Bowling Green 64-52
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP)—Jalin Thomas had 16 points and 10 rebounds for his second double-double of the season as Central Michigan defeated Bowling Green 64-52 on Saturday night.
Jordan Bitzer added 12 points, eight boards and four assists for the Chippewas (10-9, 5-2 Mid-American Conference) and Chris Kellermann came off the bench to add 10 points and four rebounds.
Trailing 16-13, Central Michigan went on a 15-1 run to take control of the game and led 28-21 at halftime.
The Chippewas increased the lead to 38-23 with 16:15 left, then the Falcons (10-9, 3-4) cut the deficit to nine points twice, the last time with 12:12 to go. They could get no closer as Central Michigan enjoyed a double-digit lead the rest of the way to guarantee coach Ernie Zeigler his fourth straight 10-win season.
Scott Thomas scored 13 points and Erik Marschall had 11 for Bowling Green, which made 1 of 11 3-pointers.
- Associated Press Writer
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro
- Davis helps No. 19 Dayton beat Rhode Island 68-66
- UNC's Roy Williams: 'I feel fine' after vertigo attack at BC
- Yale winning streak at 11 after 75-65 win over Dartmouth
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture