Jacksonville beats North Florida 73-61
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP)—Lehmon Colbert scored 22 points and Jacksonville won its ninth straight game with a 73-61 victory over North Florida on Friday night.
The Dolphins (12-8, 8-3 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won 11 of their last 12 games, are in the league title race after an 0-3 start.
Colbert was 5-for-10 from the field and 12-for-14 from the line. Ben Smith, who has scored in double figures for 16 straight games, and Ayron Hardy had 13 points each for Jacksonville, which shot 35.5 percent from the field (22-for-62) compared to 37.5 percent (18-for-48) for the Ospreys.
North Florida (10-12, 5-7) led 19-13 when the Dolphins used a 16-5 run to lead 29-24 with 2:45 to go in the first half. Jacksonville built a 44-32 second-half lead and the Ospreys could get no closer than six the rest of the way.
David Jeune was the only North Florida player in double figures with 14 points.
- Arizona athletic director asks fans to help police the program
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin